Resurection

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:07:23 +0100

Bruce Richardson :

>Forgot my prime reason for resurrection having chaotic potential - the
>examples of Nysalor/Gbaji and the Red Goddess should be plenty warning >of what can happen when mortals try to recreate what is sacred.

I'm thinking of Harmast Barefoot's lightbringers quest to bring back Arkat and Argrath's quest to bring back Sheng Seleris. Not to mention the orriginal LBQ in which Orlanth brought back Yelm.

>Maybe resurrectees should have a chance of coming back illuminated, the >'tunnel with light at the end' having changed their world-view.

We know that Yelm is illuminated in Hell. We also know that Arkat and Sheng were both great mystics. However they were mystics before they died the first time so it's a moot point. I would not like to force illumination on people in quite that way, though I can see a reasonable case for it.

Simon Hibbs