Stoned.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:14:14 +0100 (BST)

Simon Phipp:
> This may well be a model for rural Sartarites but urban Sartarites
> use more sophisticated stonework. After all, Sartar and his sons used
> stoneworking techniques to create cities. That is not to say that all
> urban buildings are of good stonework or that all rural ones are
> dry-stone built.

On a shameless tangent, note that some "dry stone" building techniques are actually _hideously_ sophisticated, using it in its most general sense of "mortarless". The extreme examples of this are the central american culturs (I think perhaps the Toltecs, don't quote me on this) who managed to build dry-jointed structures with _huge_ stones, so exactly that one can't get a razorblade between two adjacent blocks. Try asking your local brickie to do that...

Exactly how they did this is up there with concave-hollowed granite vases and crystal skulls, needless to say.

Obglorantha: let's have them all there, or some yet more whacky variant!

Slainte,
Alex.