Teleos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 00:10:01 +1200 (NZST)

Erik Nolander:

>I learned on the Digest about a year ago that the Teleosan humans
>practice spirit worship during the Typhoon Season and ancestor worship
>during the Windless Season. However, the cult distribution maps in GoG
>indicate that there are Eastern pantheon influences and Yelm pantheon
>worship present on Teleos. Now the Eastern influences would probably be
>due to there being Kralorelan traders and (probably) settlers on Teleos,
>but what about the Yelm pantheon? Is this also a foreign influence?

IMO the 'Yelm Influence' merely means that they worship Sky Gods in Teleos rather than foreign Yelm (or Somash for that matter) worshippers in Teleos. Similarly I regard the 'Eastern Influence' as being indicative of a native high tradition that survives in pieces in modern Teleos.

That there are Melibi, Haragalans, Kralori and Flanchi in Teleos is beyond doubt IMO. But I do not think they are present in large enough numbers to have an religious impact on the Teleosans.