Invisible Orlanth

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:11:06 +1200 (NZST)

Tadaaki Kakegawa:

>Quick question. Why Invisible Orlanth is "invisible" while Carmanian
>Idvanus the Good God is not invisible?

An obvious answer is: What colour is the Wind? Idovanus is not Invisible because (apart from him being the Sun), the Carmanians rejected the teachings of the God Learners who discovered the Invisible God.

>Could it be possible that Invisible Orlanth is one of "Healed" Rebelous
>Gods illuminated by Red Goddess?

It's possible. But the cult is specifically carmanian and the lack of any apparent associations with Cult of the Red Goddess make it unlikely at present.

To be speculative, Orlanth could be married to Vorgetala, the Unseen Goddess of Wendaria who is one of the ancient moon deities. But since the finger goddesses are not recognized as being moon deities by the modern Lunars, we have the makings of a new subversive lunar religion.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #666