Re: Teleos and stuff

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:19:12 PDT

Hiya,

First, muchas gracias to Simon Bray for his posting on Teleosan Gods. Very useful, indeed!!

Peter Metcalfe:
>IMO the 'Yelm Influence' merely means that they worship Sky Gods
>in Teleos rather than foreign Yelm (or Somash for that matter)
>worshippers in Teleos.

Yes, it would seem that way to me, too. Perhaps they are worshipped in the same way that Simon described. Come to think of it, some sky gods are already in there. But what about Yelm? Could he be worshipped in some form, do you think?

>Similarly I regard the 'Eastern Influence'
>as being indicative of a native high tradition that survives in
>pieces in modern Teleos.

Assuming that the Teleosans are of Kralori origin, that is. I find it hard, though, to see which gods or traditions that would be worshipped/followed from the pantheon. I prefer to interpret the "Kralori influence" as indicating the presence of Kralorelan settlers, since I think of the Teleosans as a distinct racial stock. All IMHO, of course.

Tom Zunder:
>>It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
>>- - Frank N. Furter
>
> Isn't this a Thanatari quote?

Or why not a Pocharngo one? ;-)

Cheers,
Erik Nolander

BTW, aren't there awfully few Digests coming out these days?