Shargashi rune levels

From: MLaurie_at_compuserve.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:45:49 -0400

 << - ->If someone has Enclosure #1, please, let me know about the
>>>requirements to achieve Rune Lord status in the Shargashi cult,>>
<< and the Spirit Spells taught.>>

It depends on the path followed - if they are followers of the Destroyer aspect of
the Big S, then mostly combat skills and huge, huge testicles are a must = - -
tricky if you're a woman of course....:)

The Lord of Ash is a kind of psycopomp aspect as well as being somewhat shamanic in tone, they require long service in the Enclosures burning bodies, dealing with rituals and generally considering passe stuff that would sent the average guy screaming off pulling his suddenly white hair out.

The Alkor lords are city god types and are usually hereditary and controlled by the great houses. Having a large bum is a central requirme= nt
- - padding is so important you know.

The Elevens follow the Devourer and all his ways. Examples of this are found in Enclosure II in the Eating Contest. =

Various heroes of the Red Path have their own requirements and philosophi= es
as shown in Enc I & II.

The Black path mystics are scary fellows who know all of Shargash and his=

ultimate mysteries. These guys weild the Janata when they get pissed and=

to be one of them you have to have mastered both Red and Green paths and sought beyond.

Tolat is hard to compare to Shargash given his complexity and history. A= s
a cult he is far more developed and has interacted with many more other mythologies in conflict situations than has Tolat. However there are som= e
prime similarites. I would say in HW terminology, Shargash is nearer the=

One than the Many whereas Tolat is closer to the Many. =

Here is a QUESTION - Has anyone out there tried to play a Shargashi or ru= n
an Alkoth campaign other than the SFC with Pam Carlson? If so, I'd be interested in feedback on the cult and society.

Martin Laurie