Teleosan religion

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 07:50:41 PDT

Hi all,

Peter Metcalfe in response to me:
>>But what about
>>Yelm? Could he be worshipped in some form, do you think?
>
>It depends by what you mean by 'Yelm'.

Obviously... :-)

>If you mean the Sun, then
>yes, the Teleosans would have worship or acknowlege it in some
>manner.

Probably more as a lifegiver than an emperor, seeing as Teleos himself seems to be the "leader" god for them. Or maybe it isn't Yelm who is worshipped, but instead the "Aldryami version" of Yelmalio.

>The 'Kralori origin' of the Teleosans looks more and more like a
>phantom to me.

Yeah, I agree. That's why I prefer to see the Teleosans as a distinct race, rather than Kralori, Agimori or Wareran.

>Hence I do not think the Eastern influence stems from the origins
>of the Teleosans. I was thinking more of the influences the
>Teleosans would have received from trading/raiding with Teshnos,
>Kralorela, Vormain and the Eastern Isles in bygone ages (there
>would also be some Masloi influences). These influences would have
>helped create a synthetic high Teleos tradition during the early
>second age (before the God Learner's attempts at conquest).

I like this! As you say, there is probably some warped sect in interior Teleos who still rigidly hold on to the old "Eastern" ways. And what about this (rather weird) idea? The dragonewts on Teleos are really worshippers of the Path of Immanent Mastery, who got locked in their dragonewt form as a result of the Closing. I know, it probably doesn't rhyme with the Teleosan myths, but it could explain why there is no Inhuman King on Teleos. It also somewhat explains the islanders attitude towards the Dragonewts, IMO.

BTW, I'm still interested in if someone knows anything about Truant Tricksters, and why they would be present on Teleos.

Cheers,

Erik Nolander