Mysticism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 23:36:32 +1200 (NZST)

Julian Lord:

Me>> I fail to see why the rejection of the dogma of the Hrestoli as being
>> harmful to one's spiritual welfare entails that the Perfecti must be
>> dogmatic.

>Well, I don't think it's so much the *rejection* per se of Hrestoli dogma
>which is dogmatic, no; It's the idea that the Perfecti represent some kind
of >spiritual perfection, an idea propounded by these people, which is dogmatic.
Given that definition of Dogma, one could claim Buddhism is dogmatic because it teaches buddhahood represents spiritual perfection and holds the dogmas of the Noble Truths and the Eightfold path. Likewise Catholic Christainity is one of the most dogmatic religions there is, but even then one can find mystic movements within it. Given such parallels, I do not see the Perfecti doctrines precluding the Perfecti from being a mystical cult. Given that they are explicitly said to be a mystical cult in their writeup, I am quite happy to treat them as being mystical.

>Yes, but Void is one of the Runes of Chaos

*Not* to the Lunars and the Kralori!