Re: Glorantha Names, 2 questions.

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 16:36:41 EDT

Does Argrath really just mean Liberator? I thought that it came to mean that because of Argrath' s actions, like Caesar came to mean ruler despite starting as a nickname. Does anyone agree with me? BTW What is a "real Orlanth name"

I have a question about Kralorela, the Land of the Rising Pun. Am I right in thinking that places and people like Chi Ting (Cheating), Kaisen (continuous improvement), Pai Raow (pay row), Godunya (Good On ya (Australian greeting)), Suam Chow (refering to sea food?) are deliberate plays on words. If so, which other places/people have I missed?

Keith Nellist