Re: Praxians and horses (& a little mysticism)

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 23:54:20 +0200

Julian Lord:

> > Because they are not beasts of Waha.
>
> Are all Beasts not-of-Waha taboo in Prax? I think not.

Seems not. The zebras are a dubious case and the mules used by Issaries traders are OK according to Cults of Prax.

> Horse has always
> seemed to have been singled out as a taboo Beast. Is it unclean? Is it
> Evil? Is it Forbidden for some other magical reason?

I'd say historical reasons. I.e. the hatred perhaps wasn't there from the start, but with all the fighting Praxians and horse nomads have done, horses are now the orime object of hatred. It's convenient to have an enemy which all tribes can agree on hating...

Peter:

> >Yes, but Void is one of the Runes of Chaos
>
> *Not* to the Lunars and the Kralori!

I concur, strongly. Void is _not_ chaos. It is what was before chaos, the absence of everything, including chaos.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/