Re: Keith's questions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 00:05:03 +0100 (BST)

Peter Metcalfe respomds to K Nellist:

> >Does Argrath really just mean Liberator? I thought that it came to mean that
> >because of Argrath's actions, like Caesar came to mean ruler despite starting
> >as a nickname.

> You're partially correct. The first liberator was Arkat and 'Argrath'
> is a Orlanthi corruption of his name and means 'liberator'. It may
> also mean liberator in Malkioni but I'm not so sure.

I think I recall FGS stating that "Arkat" and "Argrath" both _meant_ "liberator". Though it may have been that he simply answered "Theyalan" or "Sartarite" when asked in what language do they both mean that. Or something to that effect. And in any event, what he said, and what he meant...

Slainte,
Alex.