Re: Glorantha Names, 2 questions.

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 00:03:26 +3400 (EST)

Kmnellist_at_aol.com

>Does Argrath really just mean Liberator? I thought that it came to
>mean that because of Argrath' s actions, like Caesar came to mean ruler
>despite starting as a nickname.

It certainly means that in the Fourth Age when King Of Sartar was compiled from recovered fragments. Since there seems to be several Argraths at the same time in the Hero Wars, I don't have a problem with it being a title.

>I have a question about Kralorela, the Land of the Rising Pun.
>Godunya (Good On ya (Australian greeting)),

I don't think so. All the Australian jokes are in Sun County. Pent Ridge, Lassiter's Reef, etc.