Hsunchen runic associations

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 09:15:00 +0100

TTrotsky sez:
> I've been thinking about Hsunchen cults recently, and while I
think the
> principle that all of them should have a different set of runes is a
neat one,
> it's difficult to put into practice.

Alex Ferguson :
>So at the crudest level, one GLer school might suggest that Basmol and
>Sakkar are just different aspects of Generic Purry Furry Carnivore God.

Arbitrarily deciding to give all hsunchen the same runes, or artificialy fixing it so each one has a unique set just because it looks cool, are IMHO both equaly undesirable.

How's this for a compromise. The hsunchen cults themselves stay pretty much the same, but if an animal has abvious runic ties beyond the hsunchen norm, these could be represented by hero cults or subcults specific to that tribe that give them appropriate magic. The Bat hsunchen might have a hero cult associated to the Drakness rune that gives them Darkwalk for example. If they live near troll communities thay may even have links to troll associate cults.

Simon Hibbs