Belgo's Paddle

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 12:32:36 +0100

It's becoming ever more apparant that the Megacorp is turning into a worshipped cult because when I was down in London as I was on the receiving end of their spirit of retribution - an evil device known as Belgo's Paddle.

The way it works is that if you have offended the cult, a pagan god takes a group of cultists to a subterranean eatery whereapon a wooden board containing either 15 or 30 small glass containers, each carrying liquids of different hues. The offending cultist is then 'forced' to imbibe the contents of said glass containers [the more heinous the crime, the quicker this must be completed].

Once completed, and after the ritual exchange of plastic, the cultists then go their separate ways.

The effects of Belgos paddle are quite remarkable. From the time I left Leicester Square & arrived at Victoria (about 4 minutes by tube) I suddenly lost the lost the use of my eyes and only managed to get to the right train platform because I'd been there many times before. Felt great in the morning, however - even though all my money had changed from pounds sterling to Australian dollars.

I suggest that this spirit of retribution should become part of official Glorantha

Danny