Tradetalk

From: Steve Rennell <software_at_spis.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:19:23 +1200

David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
><snip> Tradetalk, which I think is a simplified language, like a pidgin. <snip>

(while not actually disagreeing with Davids ideas, I just thought I'd throw in a couple of light-hearted comments)

IMG, You can tell when anyone is speaking Trade talk since they always speak as though they are making a deal.
Instead of saying "Good Morning" they say "Have you made any money yet today", "I hope you are well" translates as "May your profit margins be healthy" disagreements become "contract negotiations", Things of beauty are "valuable commodoties" and enemies become "the competition".

As you may imagine, this language is somewhat limited in its ability to discuss nuances that other languages take for granted - but my players seem to enjoy the language none-the-less, and really get into the economics of it...

Steve