Re: Tradetalk/Mantongue

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 06:03:47 EDT

I believed Tradetalk to be a made up language that was especially easy to learn."it is of divine origin and quite easy to learn...cannot express more abstract concepts...may vary with a modifier of up to 50%." RoC Issaries write up.

I'd never heard of Mantongue but I had heard of Beastspeech and Hsunchen. Hsunchen languages were shown to never change; '"regardless of geographic or chronologic seperation" Glorantha book 1, unless they become civilised.

Also of note is that the written form of Western is the same throughout the West. This implies to me that all spoken versions of Western derive from Brithini which according to the Godlearners is the "Oldest unchanged human tongue". This implies that it is not necessarily the oldest human tongue but simply the one that stopped changing first. Alternatively, the Brithini were the first to work out how to speak the language that had previously only been written and have stuck with that ever since. (Since Brithini has words for emotions, objects and creature that no longer exist presumably it is Pre Storm Age )