Evolution

From: Bruce Hollebone <hollebon_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 14:24:03 -0400

"Ashley Crill" <agojedi_at_hotmail.com> writes:
> I've seen nothing that suggests evolution is a part of glorantha.
> Half-and-half creatures exist due to their mythic origins, not
> evolution. The Hippogriff/Horse is a good example.

In my (uniformed) opinion, there is an evolutionary process in Glorantha, but it isn't Darwinian, it is Lamarkian. That is, if something happens to you, your children likely suffer the same effect. For example, if a hero gains fire powers then founds a clan, that clan will have similar fire powers as the hero as a family trait.

There is so much potential in this idea that it is too good for me to ignore. My Glorantha has evolution.

Bruce