The Silence

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 12:16:30 +1200 (NZST)

Joerg Baumgartner:
Me>>> The Brithini, of course deny this, and I believe this to be related

>>> to the Silence. Simply put, the Brithini lost the power of speech
>>> during the Great Darkness and did not regain it for some time.

JL>>First I've heard of this, I think. Sounds cool. Where is it from?

>Cults of Terror Cosmology - Kyger Litor told Zzabur how to overcome the
>Silence which plagued him in the I Fought We Won stuff.

Correctomundo.

>I don't think that this was universally affecting the Brithini, though.
>More likely a backlashed spell of Zzabur when his perception of reality
>did not coincide with reality...

        'Whisperers:  This constellation is believed to by the
        Pamalteleans to be where the the Shamans enter the spirit
        world [...].  The Westerners of Genertela say that a great
        silence which once covered the world came from this place'
                        p 47 Elder Secrets Book

So I disagree that it was a Zzabur-only thing.