Evolution and Transhumance

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 15:44:56 +1200 (NZST)

Ashley Crill:

>I've seen nothing that suggests evolution is a part of glorantha.

Uz Lore p50-51 ('skulls... ...and evolution') has a picture of how Uz skulls differed over the ages from the Age of Shadow to the Age of Time. The method of evolution is definitely not the same as the RW but it exists in some form or another.

>Half-and-half creatures exist due to their mythic origins, not
>evolution. The Hippogriff/Horse is a good example.

Which can easily be explained by Lamarckian evolution which is a valid route of speciation in glorantha.

Bruce Hollebone:

>>> The cattle graze in the valley floors

DD>>Only part of the year -- check The Haunted Ruins and you'll see that
>>Sartarite clans practice transhumance.

>Could you expand on this please? I do not have this reference.

        'To the South are the Aranwyth tribe.  They are semi-nomadic,
        dependant on sheep and goats.'
                        p7 Haunted Ruins.