Long Overdue Wind Child Post

From: David Cheng <cheng_at_io.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 15:01:58 -0500 (CDT)

Sorry for the long lag time. I have been trying to post to the Glorantha Digest for over two weeks, with no success.

Nils asked about Wind Children. I think we gave them a minute or two of coverage at the "Black Sheep Races of Glorantha" semimar at GloranthaCon-Victoria. However, I don't remember any specifics.

A few of my personal thoughts:
* Wind Children have typically been depicted at lithe, probably because
of the belief that flying beings need to have very light bones (The buxom female Wind Child in the WB&RM/Dragon Pass rulebook is an obvious exception). Evidence: RQ2 stats; STR = 2d6, SIZ 2d6. After some considerable thought, and discussion with Eric Rowe, we now believe this to be bunk.

Back at RQCon-San Francisco, some guy had the luck of being the sole Wind Child in the Broken Council LARP. From the look of him, he proscribed to the old, outdated view of how Wind Children look and act. But I could be wrong, as I didn't interact with him too much. I was playing an Argan Argar troll, and with Wind Children being claustrophobic, he wouldn't come down into our caves.