Re: RQ: The Future

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 10:28:00 -0700

>How would Chaosium or Issaries react to Gloranthan fan material being
>published for RuneQuest 3 or "Elric!"? It could be argued that continuing to
>use BRP systems for Glorantha games is taking away from HW's market, but I
>think that effect would be minimal, or more probably reversed. The presence
>of BRP fan material for Glorantha may well encourage the purchase of HW
>background material.

Issaries' current policy is to allow fan publication of Glorantha material but require approval. Issaries can't say anything about RuneQuest, because that's a trademark owned by Avalon Hill, and you'd need to approach them seperately for permission.

Issaries hasn't rejected any fan Glorantha material because it's based on BRP/RQ and I don't know of any plans to at this time. (But, nor am I a prophet.)

In any case, I have every faith that most people will *want* to use Hero Wars, because it will allow them to HeroQuest and thus really experience Glorantha for the first time.

Shannon

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #16