Letters

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 21:21:39 +0200

Simon Hibbs:

> I am sure the
> Brithini associate each letter in thier alphabet with a number and have
> performed fabulously complex numerological interpretations of the Laws
> of malkion, which of course are prefect and so in some mystical way
> describes the perfect world as it was during the Kingdom of Logic. If
> only they could reverse engineer the magical matrix embedded in the
> text, they could create a ceremony that would reassert the rule of law
> on the world, driving out all imperfection.

Sort of like reverse compilation of a computer program?

The Mostali must do this, of course, and the Old Westerners of the Kingdom of Logic may have done. The problem is, and it's even a problem for the most brilliant Mostali thinkers, that the World has become a place of Change, Disorder, and Chaos. The old matrices don't work any more, and reverse engineered ones are full of bugs. These people, including some Very Old alchemists I suppose, must be searching for the source coding of a World Machine which is infected by Chaotic strains of viruses, and keeps on getting the calculations wrong. That the Mostali believe the Project Leader to be a heretical personification of Mostali culture can't, I suppose, be of great help for re-discovering a Grand Plan of Happiness for All in a Perfect Society.