Mostali Mathematics and Aldryami Sociolingustics

From: Erik Sieurin <sieurin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 01:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

Alex (almost wrote 'Alynx'...) on gematria and divers other matters...:
> The Mostali must do this, of course, and the Old Westerners of the
Kingdom of Logic may
> have done. The problem is, and it's even a problem for the most
brilliant Mostali
> thinkers, that the World has become a place of Change, Disorder, and
Chaos. The old
> matrices don't work any more, and reverse engineered ones are full
of bugs. These people,
> including some Very Old alchemists I suppose, must be searching for
the source coding of a
> World Machine which is infected by Chaotic strains of viruses, and
keeps on getting the
> calculations wrong. That the Mostali believe the Project Leader to
be a heretical
> personification of Mostali culture can't, I suppose, be of great
help for re-discovering a
> Grand Plan of Happiness for All in a Perfect Society.
Actually, that damned Enthropy Factor is a well-known and oft-cursed factor of Mostali Magical theory; the subsystem of the Machine which control the world's aetheric energies, which are the primary domain of the Silver Mostali, is much more broken than any other part of the machine. Unlike the True Mostali of the other basic minerals, which are either Broken, or Functional, most Silver Mostali are simply _lost_; somtimes you can establish contact, temporarily, with one of the Ancient Silvers, but then it is just as suddenly gone again.

Mathematics are the key to the magical formulae of the Mostali, the theory behind it, and it is an endless source of worry that when it comes to the mathematics of magic itself, the system breaks down. Non-Zzaburian geometry, Disorder rune algebra and (usually) interior clay plumbing-feeling are the methods which the Silver Dwarves must use to do their stuff; no wonder that they are asocial and rude enough for other dwarves to notice.

Aldryami language learning:
I do not retain the quote, since the thrice-cursed Yahoo! cuts my copies in twain, but whoever found it a problem with Aldryami not hearing their motherttoungue in their motherwomb need not worry; surely Aldryami sprouts grow protected by great Nanny-nanny trees, whose constant whispering songs well prepares them for adulthood conversation.

==
'The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea,
In a beautiful, pea-green boat...'
>From 'The Owl and the Pussycat' by Edward Lear
Erik Sieurin
Did you think I would reveal things about myself in this .sig? HA!
sieurin_at_yahoo.com

DO YOU YAHOO!?