Middle of the Mystic.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:12:11 +0100 (BST)

Mikael Raaterova quoth me:
> >If this seems too large a variation from the Orlanthi norm for anyone,
> >bear in mind how strange some _known_ exemplars are, such as the
> >Torkani, Kitori, or come to that the Far Point Elmali.

> (What's the orlanthing/heortling 'norm' anyway, one may ask.)

Calling them Orlanthi. ;-)

> In what way are the Far Point Elmali strange? Have i missed something?

'Strange' in that they don't have Orlanth as their primary (male-role) god, that's all.

Peter Metcalfe asides:
> *Purely as a matter of interest, I see that the CoT sequence:
> Naturalism/Theism/Humanism/Mysticism differs from the sequence
> in the new game (to wit: Materialism/Shamanism/Theism/Mysticism.

I think the new one makes a bit more sense: at least if one realises that the two ends exhibit significant similarities, too. In fact, maybe a more useful picture might be:

      Materialism  -------  Shamanism

       Mysticism   -------   Theism

Slainte,
Alex.