Kingdom of War.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 13:04:51 +1200 (NZST)

Michael Cule:

>It even says that the land that the KoW occupies wasn't there before the
>Syndics Ban and the local geography changed from what it was in the
>Second Age. Oh, gosh! Oh golly! Oh my! And people wonder why we love
>Glorantha!

Such changes can be seen in the Uz Lore (Trollpak) maps of Genertela. If one does a trace the coastline of second age genertela and places it over the map of third age genertela (or vice versa), one will note that Fronela has somehow expanded halfway to the ruins of ancient Brithos.

Some details are a bit unclear as the Black Forest is stated to have been the last troll stronghold in Fronela before the ban. Did it expand in size or what? Was it previously a secret place (actually in the Underworld) that was known only by name to the Loskalmi? Given the size of Loskalm (and the Black Forest), I don't think it's sufficient enough to all the new bits of Fronela.

And if anyone wonders; no, I did not figure this out until after I saw the Q&A. Despite having noticed a change in the eastern coast of Genertela and Slontos in the _same_ maps and describing them on the digest.