Re: spider clan

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:44:09 EDT

Pam Carlson:

<<I could envison a troll clan that adapts the spider as a totem.>>

     These would be Aranea cultists, especially common in Dagori Inkarth, apparently. Interestingly, the Aranea write-up indicates that there are human spider-hsunchen in the Pamaltelan jungles. Doubtless they have many of the horrible customs you listed.

 <<(Can anyone tell I detest spiders?)>>

     Spiders are cool. Vicious carnivorous little monsters, but way cool.

<<This is much more fun than trolls RIDING giant spiders... they could
worship them for fiendish powers!>>

     This would make a lot of sense for Aranea cultists, especially since they already get the transform head spells etc. But remember, there are also the Arachans, those giant sentient spiders in Jrustela and northern Pamaltela. Although they have magic too, they do a lot of disgusting things quite naturally. You can read all about them (probably) in Drastic: Water some time in the next millenium :-)

<<And you could have wasp trolls, who, like broo, lay larvae inside
immobilized victoms>>

     Sounds suspiciously chaotic to me. Sort of a troll-broo, perhaps. I devised a giant ichneumon wasp with this gruesome method of reproduction which may (or may not) see print in Drastic: Darkness along with a whole batch of other gigantic creepy-crawlies. Not to mention the maggot-broo (though this last was originally Steve's idea, not mine).

    Obviously this means you're all going to want to rush out and buy the new volume of Drastic Resolutions when it appears, just to be grossed out. But you were all going to do that anyway, weren't you?

Forward the glorious Arachnid Army!

     Trotsky

Pam "all bugs are icky" Carlson