Things.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 03:54:17 +0100 (BST)

Erik Sieurin quotes:
> Alex (almost wrote 'Alynx'...) on gematria and divers other matters...:
> > The Mostali must do this, of course, and the Old Westerners of the
> Kingdom of Logic may
> > have done.

Not a Shadow Cat, nor yet a me (an unlikely comparison, especially with respect to SIZ and DEX), but a Julian, I do believe.

TTrotsky, quoting said J. Lord:

> << Charles Domino> Are we SURE that Waerans, Vadeli, Pamaltelans, and
> > Kraloreli are all the same species?
>
> Yes. see above. But this is the Human/Non-Human dichotomy. More semantics.>>

> Not just semantics, since Warerans, Kralori, etc. can all interbreed
> with each other to produce fertile offspring.

As has been pointed out (nay, discussed, if not to say, debated) on this list before, this isn't even an adequate definition of "species" in the RW, much less in Glorantha. Not just semantics, quite, but distinctly "soft" science (in the RW, perhaps "soft God Learnerism" in Glorantha).

Besides, have you carried out the necessary experiments, for all possible permutations? ;-) [Wareran x X seems pretty reliable, mind you...]

> Nils: They are? I thought [Vadeli]'d be considered their own separate
> race by now (as would the Teleosans).>>

> I believe you're right about the Teleosans, but Genertela: CotHW
> describes the Vadeli as Wareran

Nils is indeed right about the Teleosans (same source, B1, p9), but what exactly does G:G have to say about the Vadeli being Wareran (and indeed, where does it say it)? All I found was that their language is Western, and that they're included out of the list of Noted Exceptions to the Big Four races, which may be indications, I'll warrant.

Slainte,
Alex.