Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #19

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 98 15:31 MET DST

Since it is relatively quiet right now, why not:

Oliver Bernuetz:
>>Does Pentan worship of Storm deities predate the Nights of Horror?

Peter Metcalfe
> No, according to p64 of the Genertela book. I do feel they were
> aware of those deities before the NoH but treated them as demonic
> enemies rather than storm gods.

My interpretation of that part is that until the Night of Horrors the Solar Pentans dominated the better part of Pent, i.e. the parts closer to the Redlands. There may well have been Storm Pentans further north or east, outside of the Lunar sphere of knowledge. (AFAIK Sheng recruited short of anyone able to sit on a mount, as when he commanded Praxians when attacking the Iron Forts.)

Storm Pentans would have been a minority before NoH, but that battle did change the population numbers in Pent, didn't it?

BTW, is there a chance that "King West Wind" is the Sun Storm? To Pentans, Storm and Sun need not be exclusive.