Brians comments

From: MLaurie_at_compuserve.com
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 16:15:24 -0400

Brian notes:
>.people want RuneQuest *and* Glorantha, together...and although =

>remaining Glorantha-only fans may be fanatical, in the gaming business =

>quality of customers means nothing beyond a certain point; it's quantity=

of =

>customers that counts. =

Which "people" want RQ and Gloranthan together Brian? I suppose its all=

those people who COMPLETELY failed to buy RQ in quantiy at any time after=

AH took it over???? The same "people" who buy Vampire and Werewolf and have gone for story telling games over simulational games???? Have yo= u
tried the new game? =

RQ and Glorantha are no longer married, why are you complaining about something that cannot change? RQ is DEAD, Hero Wars is a new game, no connection and a lot of potential so why kick something before its even been born?

I love RQ as a system but as a simulation of Glorantha it misses the mark= =2E =

Not by much, but by enough to make a difference. I can tell you that the=

Hero Wars game does NOT miss the mark. As a representation of Glorantha = it
will kick butt and Robin Laws has LOADED it with examples of how to play.=  =

Its simple to learn and not overcrowed with detail. I think if anything can give Glorantha to new players, its this game. =

As for fan support "dwindling" this is a pile of poo. Tales #17 just cam= e
out, Tales #18 is coming out soon, Enclosure 2 just came out, several con=

books are out or just to be published including the excellent Questlines = 2.
 Tradetalk is blasting along and the doughty Germans have put out a stron= g
con book - Tentacles as well!! Stephen Martin will be putting out Drastic - Darkness soon too! Once the HW game is up an running I expect=

this output to increase not drop! =

What the hell are you talking about? I don't think any mainstream game h= as
even a fraction of the fan support and publication of Glorantha.

As for people not writing in, I've communicated with Sandy for three year= s
now privately, mostly about military esoterica and sometimes we have dry spells - its called being BUSY! MOB has enough trouble being an Australi= an
without having to write to the digest, the poor guy, so give him a break!=  =

(no way am I going to an Aussie Con after that comment, hemp nooses don't=

suit me... :) As for the list turning into a debate fest between Nick an= d
Peter, this is Shite. Peter may get stroppy from time to time but he's a=

hell of a help for people and the digest would be a duller place without him. The same goes for Nick. He's slagged me off in the past but so wha= t?
  I like a good fight, and hey, sometimes, on really rare occasions, I'm wrong and deserve derision. Besides, don't see you writing in much Brian...

_I_ don't write in much anymore because my email gets garbled by compuserve, just like this one will and it really pisses me off.

Basically Brian, I'm saying don't be so doom and gloom. If you think tha= t
Glorantha dies with RQ - Fine - but I think there is evidence to the contrary, take a look.

Martin Laurie