Storm Pentans

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 18:41:09 +1200 (NZST)

Joerg Baumgartner:

[On whether the four winds were worshipped in Pent before the Nights of Horrors]

>My interpretation of that part is that until the Night of Horrors the
>Solar Pentans dominated the better part of Pent, i.e. the parts closer
>to the Redlands. There may well have been Storm Pentans further north or
>east, outside of the Lunar sphere of knowledge. (AFAIK Sheng recruited
>short of anyone able to sit on a mount, as when he commanded Praxians
>when attacking the Iron Forts.)

Which raises the question that if the Storm Pentans had existed in Sheng's Time, then why were they not noted as being in Sheng's forces by the Lunars or the Kralori?

>Storm Pentans would have been a minority before NoH, but that battle did
>change the population numbers in Pent, didn't it?

They are still a minority now AFAIK. If they were not present at NoH, then they would have subdued those tribes that had participated and lost.

>BTW, is there a chance that "King West Wind" is the Sun Storm? To
>Pentans, Storm and Sun need not be exclusive.

That's a very good idea. The only problem so far is that Sun Storm is now awakened and quiescent in Bliss in Ignorance. I could see a case for them worshipping the manifestation at Jankley Bore but I know too little of the Sun Storm Cult to make halfdecent statements about what the Sun Storm/East King Wind cult would be like.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #30