Re: Digest Archive?

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:56:49 -0700

>Does the digest have an up to date archive someplace, preferably still
>in Digest form? (Loren's isn't either, sadly. BTW, the URL postfixed
>to the Digest seems to be a trifle out of date.) It appears that the
>issues sent here while our net was down over the weekend have vanished
>without trace... (which seems slightly defeatist, I thought the mailer
>norm was giving up after 5 days).

Standard is 3 or 5 days depending on a certain variable in sendmail which had its default changed (to 5) a few years ago. If mail just disappears in a shorter time you may want to suspect your mailer of eating it (mm.... glorantha-digest... slurp).

You can always recover old digests from the majordomo mailer at Chaosium... at least the ones since the glorantha-digest moved here to chaosium.com. Clip and save this message for reference.

In all cases, mail these commands to majordomo_at_chaosium.com in the BODY of the message, not the subject:

To get a listing of available files:

  index glorantha-digest

You'll get a listing that includes lines like this:

That's the file name all the way to the right.

To retrieve a specific file:

  get glorantha-digest filename

i.e.,

  get glorantha-digest v06.n033

You can put a whole bunch of commands in one message and you'll get back the files one per message.

Shannon

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #34