Re: Preparing a scenario for publication

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_aimtronics.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:42:11 -0700

I remember when I was first introduced to Glorantha. Martin Laurie (our = GM) just gave us enough info to start so that we understood how our = character thought. "You are a storm bull, they kill anything they want, = drink anything alchoholic, and shag everything else" "Ah, you are a = humakti, you just don't care about anything but your honor and serving the = lord of death"

As we played he kept introducing NPCs that would give us more information = on the culture, to understand the guy and his motivation you had to figure = out where he ws coming from. As the campaign progressed we got more and = more into the myths. It grew on you.

Oh, and he packed it with lots of action to catch our attention. (One of = our PCs met Onslaught at a party and asked for a demonstration of his = fighting technique.....Onslaught thoughfully paid for the resurrection)

Well, I did. I.e. I tried to prepare them for background with depth, and found them to prefer the level of background which provides just enough consistency but can remain shallow as long as the action is right. Tough luck, I guess...

Wesley Quadros                               =20
Business Development

Aimtronics - Vancouver
www.aimtronics.com
telephone - 604.940.5774