Re: Enclosure; Holay

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 16:47:14 -0800

> our fearless publisher, David Dunham

Actually, I'm the editor, not publisher, of Enclosure. Neil Robinson is the man who makes sure the issue actually comes out and you can buy it. I just make sure it's not all blank pages.

Speaking of which, we are indeed working on a 3rd issue, and are looking for contributions. On the down side, we don't publish often, so you might not see your work in print this year. On the plus side, we can often offer more space than the other fanzines, so you can give us longer pieces.

It looks like we may have material on Umathela, runes, and the Culbrea tribe of Sartar. I doubt we'll get enough on any one topic to have a "theme," so send on any article! Author guidelines are at the Enclosure web page, <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/enclosure/>.

Jane Williams

> I seem to be about to be the Queen of Holay

You can get some enigmatic hints from the Post Dragonkill writeup <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/pdk/pdk.html> (I speculated that in the turmoil, some of the earlier, more female-oriented structures were emerging). Or it's quite possible that female kings happened after the Dragonkill, when so few men were available to lead. I don't know think the current queen is the Butterfly Princess.

Just from the geography, treating Holay as something of a cross between Aggar (see Enclosure 2) and Tarsh would be appropriate.

Holay's not even listed in the index of The Fortunate Succession, so it's probably not ancient (though it may be grouped under "Saird" for much of its history).