Pentans

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:57:58 +1200 (NZST)

Joerg Baumgartner:

Me>>if the Storm Pentans had existed in
>>Sheng's Time, then why were they not noted as being in Sheng's forces
>>by the Lunars or the Kralori?

>I guess because they didn't make up large enough a part of the myriads of
>horsepeople to be noticable. When a smelly horse barbarian rapes your wife
>you hardly look out for his worship while you're tortured, do you?

If it was a simple raid then this explanation might hold water. But Sheng dominated Peloria for seventy five years so I would expect the Lunars and the Kralori to have more than passing familiarity with the various types of Pentan warriors. Certainly when I played a Lunar officer in "Revolt in the Redlands" at Victoria, we were able to observe great differences among the various types of Pentans. Being able to communicate the existance of the new types of Pentans was another question entirely as the SOBs had encircled us and soon cut us to pieces.

>I doubt that the Storm Pentans (provided they were a significant part of
>Sheng's host) were especially favoured by Sheng and his lieutenants. If you
>got a Pentan overlord for a part of Peloria or Kralorela, my bet is it would
>have been a Solar Pentan chieftain.

Even so, people would have noted that there were some funny pentans that were spat upon by other pentans and got shit jobs.

[On whether East King Wind is Sun Storm]

>>The only problem so far is that Sun Storm
>>is now awakened and quiescent in Bliss in Ignorance.

>Sure. I was speaking of his worship in Pent, though - we know that Pentan
>"Yelm" and Dara Happan or Kralori Yelm aren't regarded the same way either.

The problem is a little more complex than that. What would prevent the people of Bliss in Ignorance from deciding to worship the Pentan EKW in order to revitalize the Sun Storm Cult?

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #38