MOB's lack of demise and GCDU 2

From: Rex Bean <rexabean_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 22:20:48 +1000 (EST)

G'day all,

MOB has asked me to pass on news that reports of his demise have been exaggerated. He has not set up his new internet connection yet and in fact has been enjoying some well earned peace and quiet. Those who will be lucky enough to be at Convulsions will see him in the flesh and can adore him if they wish (he likes alcoholic anything).

In regards to GCDU 2 in Australia. In '98 attendance was about 100 and we have broken even thanks to Questlines 2 (excellent value, just ask David Hall: "92 pages of Gloranthan gold"). The rest of Ricks comments are certainly true and we made the mistake of clashing with another Con (which we knew was gong to be crap and was indeed crap, but unfortunately a whole bunch of people didn't realise and now wish they had come to ours). If there is a next time we shall make sure we don't clash with anything <sigh>. Everyone had fun and we made a heap at the auction for the Con and we even kept the two major freeforms running. Thanks to strenuous efforts by all the organisers and the international guests. After all the strain of getting it together they certainly told us they had a ball running them.

Finally, never let MOB be your trickster. It took my PC 6 months to recover from the major wound the Humakti gave me, all thanks to MOB's insults, and that bloody lost cow.

Cheers, Andrew