Hero Wars scale, can you do Pavis?

From: Chris Bell <argrath_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:23:23 -0400

One of the things that I always loved about RQ2 was how "low-fantasy" Pavis was, somewhat similar to Fafhrd & The Gray Mouser or the Thieve's World series. We all know that the new Hero Wars RPG can model the great Heroquests of Gloranthan myth, and also model personalities such as Argrath, Jar-Eel and maybe even Arkat himself. However, can it also model the personalities we meet in places like Pavis, such as Fleeter Nemm, Treasure Trove Hurbi, Griselda and Wolfshead? Or lesser luminaries from elsewhere in Glorantha? If HW can scale and allow RP for both ends of the relative power spectrum, then it would be *joy* *joy*, as I feel that not only the unique Heroes of Glorantha are part of what makes Glorantha special.

BTW, will HW be able to model Ducks/Keets as PC's, and will one be able to play lesser luminaries, such as Beat Pot Aelwrin or Cora of the two mouths? :)

Chris Bell
argrath_at_ix.netcom.com