Limited Offer: The first 50 players who contact us will receive a FREE REGISTRATION of the Paradox Roleplaying System.

From: faight_at_fastlane.net
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:41:00 -0500

=20

ACT NOW, the first 50 players who e-mail us=20 at faight_at_fastlane.net will be registered for FREE.
=20

Break the Paradigm=20
Let's face it, role-playing games are a great way to spend an afternoon = relaxing with friends, but most often the fun of the story gets bogged =

down by the inevitably slow combat and skill test game mechanics. The =
best games I've played have taken too long to generate characters and =
resolve combat.  Faight Industries developed the Paradox Role-playing =
System with these shortcomings in mind. Our goal was to develop a = roleplaying system which would allow for game play with nothing more = than a pair of 10 sided dice, a single chart, and the character sheets. = We acheived our goal. The game system is based on limited rules, ease = of use, and consistency.=20

The Paradox role-playing system is the Jeet Kune Do of role-playing. = Just like Martial Arts, role-playing is full of outdated and useless = ideas. Paradox tries to eliminate what bogs down role-playing and keep = what makes role-playing fun. =20

Players are welcomed to download the rules from = http://www.fastlane.net/~faight. The Paradox Basic Rulebook and the = Paradox Advanced Rulebook are distributed freely over the internet. = Registering the books costs a total of $10 and entitles you to: = Customer support, rules explanation and advice, and notification of = product updates or new releases.=20

To register send a $10 Money Order to the below listed address. Upon = receipt, you will be issued a Member Number that will entitle you to = customer support. Faight Industries does not sell it's address list to = any other organization, however we will use it from time to time to = contact you regarding product updates. If you do not want to register = the Paradox rules, that is your prerogative, however to receive support = and notification of product updates you must register the product.=20
=20

Why Paradox=20
The Paradox roleplaying game system was developed for those players who = want to include realism in their games without losing roleplaying ease. = It features rules for multi-era campaign roleplaying, allowing any genre = from fantasy to horror to space opera to time travel.) Attached you will = find the main rules for the Paradox roleplaying system. The system was = developed as shareware. Download the rules, try it out, and, if you like = it follow the instructions on how to register your copy of PARADOX. = Check http://www.fastlane.net/~faight site often. Sourcebooks and = updated rules will be posted regularly.=20

The Basic Rulebook handles all the rules that Players need to be = familiar with in order to enjoy the game. As they become more familiar = with the system they may wish to explore the more expanded rules of the = Advanced Rulebook.=20

The Advanced Rulebook includes many of the formula and creation = utilities used to create the items in the Basic Rulebook. The Advanced = Rulebook handles all the rules that you may need from time to time. From = Optional Rules like Radiation and Diseases, to standard formula for = developing Androids, Robots and Cybernetic Organisms (ARCOs); the = advanced rulebook is there to help you with the technical specifications = of your game.=20

Currently additional sourcebooks are being developed, to include The = Urban Wars, a book which describes the tumultuous time period between = 2000 and 2125 A.D., Colonial Expansion, a book which describes the time = period between 2125 A.D. and 3000, and The Colonial Republic, a book = which describes the time period between 3000 A.D. and 3556 A.D.=20

Additionally Faight Industries is in the development of The Paradox = Design Center, a software package which will automate character = generation, race development, class development, boon and bane = development, skill development, weapon system development, vehicle = development, and ARCO development. Look for it on our home page before = the end of 1998.=20

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at = faight_at_fastlane.net.=20

John W. Brown III=20
Lead Developer,=20
Paradox Roleplaying System=20
=20

Faight Industries=20
900 Frances Way, Suite 251=20
Richardson TX, 75081=20

                  =20

The Paradox Roleplaying System, Faight, and Faight Industries are = property of Faight Industries. All Rights Reserved. (c) 1996 faight industries=20