Clanking City adventures

From: Bruce Richardson <brichardson_at_lineone.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 11:55:17 +0100

Charles Domino wites:

>A gaming friend of mine is thinking about doing a scenario write-up on the
Clanking City in >Esrolia... I'm kinda pessimistic about the chances.

I think you're right. A scenario about a search for knowledge about the Clanking City would be far better. Glorantha is full of secrets, very few of which you need to "know" to role-play or GM successfully. Greg Stafford uses the secrets of Glorantha (IMHO) as a device to illuminate the nature of those who are affected by/involved with/seeking after/protecting those lost/hidden truths. They're a MacGuffin (if you're up on your Noir terminology).

On a more practical note, any PC's who were successful and learned any of the secrets of the Machine City would be marking themselves for extinction by the Mostali and Co.