Pam's exam

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 15:14:35 -0700

Hi all,

I'm really quite amused by the response to Pam's exam. Maybe with any luck, Neil Robinson (aka Kerad) will get a chance to respond to this when Convulsions is over.

>Kerad, I think, didn't completely understand Second Son, as he acts out of
>his fear. Since Second Son was killed by Chaos (Correct?), I lean toward
>the idea that what he is trying to teach to those he initiates is bravery
>to face one's fate without fear, and the evil that such a fear engenders.

The Second Son was not killed by Chaos and what he teaches those that he initiates is more than bravery or whatever. The Second Son told Kerad that HE, Kerad, is ultimately responsible for the world and ultimately the only one that can save it. Not the gods, not even Orlanth, not the clan chieftain or the greatest warrior. Just you. To do this, you have to follow the "star" within yourself - the Star Heart, the very last light in the darkness.

This is the very essence of Orlanthi "change" - the individual is responsible and empowered to "change" the world.

Jeff