All Good Things...

From: Glorantha_at_compuserve.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:52:36 -0400

At Convulsion 4 this weekend I made the following announcement:

"It is with regret that I'm announcing at Convulsion 4 that the last issue of Tales of the Reaching Moon magazine will be issue #20 (due out early in 1999).

Tales (and the related distribution of fan publications) has become far more of a success than I ever envisaged back in 1989. The work required to edit and produce Tales, and run the distribution business, has also increased dramatically over the years (along with the readers' and customers' expectations). The work load is now too onerous and, frankly, it's just not fun anymore.

However, I'm glad to see that Tales bows out at a time when the Gloranthan Renaissance has never been so strong, with a vibrant and productive fan base, and a new game system imminent.

Many thanks for all of your support and encouragement over the years.

I'll see you in the bar later on!

David Hall
Editor and Publisher
24th July 1998"

The two things that will cease after issue #20 will be publication of Tales and the distribution arm of the Megacorp. The latter will no doubt take a few months longer to wind up than the zine. =

I'm not yet sure what the future holds for the Megacorp after this, but we've got a year of normal service in which to think about it.

Cheers,

David Hall

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #53