Optimistic Convulsion

From: Peter J. Whitelaw <pjwhitelaw_at_csi.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 23:16:24 +0100

Hi there,

<resubs to list to read Convulsion reviews>

Having spent the weekend at Convulsion (someone tell me - why Leicester?), I have to say that I am quite optimistic about the future of Glorantha.

  1. Greg has done a business plan for Issaries. His first ever.
  2. It mostly makes sense. 4000 shares for sale at 100 bucks a piece. If 1000 sell, Issaries is good to go.
  3. The product sounds pretty good. If it's easy to write for (i.e. a GM is not wading through armour and weapon lists working out NPC abilities), and well supported it has a good chance of success.
  4. The salutory lessons of the Nephilim experience (fragging one's own product) seem to have been learned.

Given these, I came away enthused and optimistic rather than nurturing my loathing of Avalon Hill and dismay at the situation regarding my favourite game as I have from the last two Convulsions).

The Glorantha PC game looks pretty good too. I suspect a networked version would be a big plus, though.

To all the organisers, bravo.

Much Sadness that Tales will retire with issue 20 but its retirement might offer David Hall the chance to stave off (for a little longer) those gray hairs that I am sure he did not have in '96

All the best,

Peter J. Whitelaw

e-mail (home): pjwhitelaw_at_csi.com
e-mail (work): peter.whitelaw_at_gb.sumitomobank.com phone: 0707 4 PETERW