Friendlier Glorantha

From: K. Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:02:10 -0500

Hey all,

I would just like to point out that some of us "lurkers" don't have a problem with the digest in it's current form. Yes, I am frequently driven catatonic by some of the more esoteric discussions in the list. This is mainly because those topics are not directly related to my game. Whenever the conversation drifts into my field (Talastar) my ears perk up, and my eyes sparkle with greed. The remainder makes for interesting reading, and I save all the messages in case I need them later. Of course the new searchable digest makes this less important...

Anyway, I don't feel intimidated by the luminaries that post here. When I have a question, I ask it. When I have an informed rebuttal, I post it (a VERY infrequent occurrence). Otherwise I am content to read the debates between the many fine people on this list who somehow manage to love Glorantha even more than I.

Thanks to all, and keep it up!

PS: To Chaosium - The new website is great, and is the ideal forum for distributing info to "newbies". In it's current state it is a big step forward for the Glorantha community. I am not certain, however, that if I were an RPG player surfing for the "next big thing" that it would pull me in and get me excited. Perhaps this is in the works for the Hero Wars roll-out...

K.Paul McDonald