Re: Convulsion

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:04:43 EDT

Well, a number of other people seem to be saying what they thought was cool about the latest Convulsion. So here are my personal high points and low points (you're going to have to work out which is which):

Playing the God Forgot hero Sir Kit Breaker in MOLAD. I don't how entertaining our God Forgot HeroQuest was to the audience compared with the others, but I think we certainly scored points for minimalism!

Discovering that I appeared to be about the only person in Life of Moonson to succesfully resist being seduced by Amora, Priestess of Love. And you call yourselves Dara Happans!

Learning that the Vadeli are emotionless automatons like the Brithini, who do what they do simply because its the rules of their religion and don't think of it as evil or good one way or the other. Rather than the grinning sadist-types we'd previously believed.

Orlanthi clan creation in Hero Wars. This was great fun, even if the clan we came up with looked pretty different from what we'd been aiming at and turned out to be riven by internal disputes (not a criticism of the system, since you'd have more time to explain the consequences of the player's choices in a real game).

Running the Getting of Wisdom, especially with the PC obsessed with pies and the egotistical one who secretly drooled over troll pornography. You know who you are.

Checking my e-mail at 11:30 on Monday evening, having had relatively little sleep since the previous Thursday and finding a message saying 'we need some more material for [non-Gloranthan gaming product] can you make sure its on [gaming company]'s desk by 8:30 a.m. Tuesday?'

     And of course, putting faces to names, being bought free drinks (thanks!), Life of Moonson in general, listening to Greg read excerpts of his novel and all that sort of stuff. Lets hope there's another in 2000!

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky