Breaking up the Kultain tribe

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:30:47 +1200 (NZST)

Steve Rennell:

spake on the Kultain tribe

>Whjat I can't find out is _why_ they were broken up, I've had a brief
>look through KoS, but find only a passing reference to Kultain's
>existance, and nothing on their demise.

        After the successful invasion of Volsaxiland in 1619 the
        Lunar Command broke up the Kultain tribe and distributed
        it clans to the neighbouring Sartarite and Volsaxi tribes.
        The majority of the clans went to the Sylangi tribe of the
        Volsaxi.  I believe this move was meant to reduce the
        tensions and long-standing rivalries between the Sartarite
        and the Volsaxi tribes.
                                p26 Questlines I.

>(I have a fragmentary memory of a tribe broken up for rebelling
>when a lunar tax collector raped a chief's daughter, but I'm under
>the impression it wasn't the Kultain.)

The Dundealos Tribe.