Re: RQ Nada

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:29:01 +0100

Andrew reflectively posts about the popularity of combat-intensive game systems:

> Gen Con is the biggest game con in the USA, and these games are
> heavily represented by volunteer judges running games. Rune
> Quest? Nada.

Is RQ not a combat-intensive game system (by any definition)?

Might not a properly-supported Gloranthan game system (RQ or otherwise) expect a larger following at GenCon, simply by existing at all?

Isn't the best thing we could offer minis wargamers (to get them to go Gloranthan) a Gloranthan minis wargame? Rather than turning our own gaming genre into a skirmish wargame, just to attract extra custom?

Refractively,

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>