Sergio's Modest Request

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:28:55 +0100

Sergio writes (and I paraphrase):

"I'll keep quiet about it. I won't tell my players. I won't let it ruin my gaming experience. But I rilly rilly want a simple one-line explanation of one of the Great Gloranthan Mysteries."

This is a very traditional example of why Glorantha has mysteries. "Needing" to know whether the gods are "real" in order to be able to run a Gloranthan game is, IMO, like "needing" to know who killed Kennedy in order to play a Cthulhu Now scenario. If it's relevant to your game, surely you would make up your own answer to fit. And if it isn't, why dwell on it?

I am reminded of Richard Develyn's early desire to have the "purest" Gloranthan campaign in existence...

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>