Convulsion and stuff

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 18:36:30 GMT

TTrotsky_at_aol.com he say:

> Playing the God Forgot hero Sir Kit Breaker in MOLAD. I don't how entertaining
> our God Forgot HeroQuest was to the audience compared with the others, but I
> think we certainly scored points for minimalism!

Oh, I think it deserved a good deal of praise! (Thinks: So that's what a Trotsky looks like: small, bearded and intense! Why am I unsurprised?)

> Discovering that I appeared to be about the only person in Life of Moonson to
> succesfully resist being seduced by Amora, Priestess of Love. And you call
> yourselves Dara Happans!

Yes, yes, yes! Heap shame upon our heads. But did you see how many uses of her 'bonk men insensible' ability she had? I had to use up my IRON WILL to stop her learning my darkest secret. And another special card to stop Sor-Eel bonking her in the middle of Red Square.

> Learning that the Vadeli are emotionless automatons like the Brithini, who do
> what they do simply because its the rules of their religion and don't think of
> it as evil or good one way or the other. Rather than the grinning sadist-types
> we'd previously believed.

Well, this was put forward as a theory at the Cultural Exchange. I myself am quite enamoured of the idea that the Vadeli break off from the Brithini quite early on and at first at least they were simply following 'the logical thing to do. Greg seemed to be saying that they were a response to the evil in the universe. I think I was implying that 'evil' existed as a possible logical path from very early on in the devolution of the Westerners from the First Cause.

I would say that the immortal sea-going, nearly-extinct Vadeli are unemotional. I'm quite willing to say that the few land-based degenerate remnants are willing to enjoy what they are up to.

Someone else said:

> Other highlights for me must be Lawrence Whitaker's ham acting in the MOLAD
> tournament before being murdered as he was about to reveal the Godlearner's
> Secret. (During our 'rehearsal' Greg said something along the lines of I
> might as well tell you what the secret is anyway... but changed his mind).

He did the bugger.....

> Pete Nash's reason to be chosen as the hero of Esrolia made me feel quite
> inadequate, also.

Not you alone

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #60