Lion, Lion, Burning Bright

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 11:59:09 +1200 (NZST)

Julian Lord:

>Well, the war against Basmol was very much a Seshnelan thing, rather
>than a pan-malkioni one, but if the Kingdom of War were the dark side of
>Loskalm, everything that the Loskalmi hate, fear, and reject, then the
>lion god may be alive again, with his people, in the KoW, if fear and
>loathing of the Basmoli also occurred in Loskalm.

But it didn't AFAIK for there were no Basmoli in Fronela at the time for the scattered colonials to loathe. The known Hsunchen in Fronela in the first age are the Rathori, the Telmori, the Wooly-Mammoth People, the Uncolings, the Rhino-people and another type that was unrecognized by the World Council. I suspect the last type is an auroch based on the mention of Garanian Auroch in D:LoD and his curious omission from the Broken Council Guidebook.

>Maybe there are lions in Fronela?

Syranthir's Ten Thousand marched from Loskalm to Carmania in the second age had tame lions in their ranks which implies that leonophobia was not a characteristic of the Loskalmi. Where these lions came from is not known to me. Also it is unlikely for Syranthir to leave any sufficient numbers of lions and troops behind that could survive the next two ages to become incorporated into the Kingdom of War.