Re: Convulsions + Hero wars

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 20:52:03 +0100 (BST)

Tim Ellis:
> My only minor complaint is that playing Herowars is like playing
> Pendragon (at least the way I roll dice) - I keep making my roll, but
> not as well as my opponent, and thus end up "loosing" every round!

Actually, from one PoV HW is slightly "worse" than Pendragon is this respect -- if I do my stats right (as well as off the cuff), it's less "skill sensitive" than PD, so the low-skill participant will win proportionately more resolutions. But the roundabouts to those swings is that he'll also have lower SP's... I'm not sure how intended this is, or how good or bad a thing it is, to be honest.

Slainte,
Alex.