Hero Wars

From: tom.zunder_at_avestasheffield.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:18:10 +0000

     I have not playtested and I will not comment on HW but I'd like to=20
     suggest some marketing tips re the new game;

=20
1: Freebie handouts for retail trade to give away with a simple cut=20 down rule set and a beginning adventure. I think that with the death=20 of magazines this will get people hooked.
=20
2: Colour! colour! colour! We need to accept that to catch attention=20 we need colour piccies, and good ones in handouts, flyers and the main= =20 rulebook. Glorantha can compete with WoD and others if it shows itself= =20 in the right light. Let's have runes in 3D, distorted and ethereal,=20 not flat 2D fonts.
=20
3: Commision some adventures and get them published in the remaining=20 print magazines, also get SJG to run them in Pyramid.
=20
4: After a year license GURPS: Glorantha. It will drag in loyal SJG=20 gamers and sell more of the Issaries product. For those gamers who=20 like a different (traditional) rules approach they will have system=20 very close to the old paradigm to use, and many GURPS players will=20 pick up and play anew world very quickly. [it will generate revenue]

=20
=20

     Tom
=20